I spent a good portion of yesterday scouring the internet for blog networks, health blogs, fitness blogs, fashion blogs, lifestyle blogs, and even stumbled upon one man’s blog of what he wears everyday (it’s pretty funny). Despite my years of doing research (PhD nerd alert), my attempt at blog research didn’t go exactly to plan. As I started nearing hour 2 of my quest, envy and jealousy decided they would like to join in on the research fun. I naively let them join thinking they would only stay for a couple minutes, but next thing I know they were chatting away (quite loudly mind you) proclaiming things like, “Oooo look at that blog! How come you don’t have a heartfelt weight loss story on your site?” or “Look how crafty they are! Why don’t you know how to make a dress from scratch?” and my favorite “Wow look at how many comments they are getting, I don’t see quite so many on your posts?” It went on like this until I called it quits and went to bed.
What started as me searching for inspiration turned into an ugly charade and leaving me with writer’s block. So this morning when I woke up I decided to kindly show envy and jealousy the door (they can become unwelcome house guests quite quickly) and welcome in some gratitude. Being envious and jealous has never helped me in the past and it sure wasn’t going to help me blogging. Rather than stew in that nonsense, I want to say thanks to the wonderful blogs that are already out there inspiring others and making me laugh. I want to give a shout out to my favorite daily reads:
- Pioneer Woman: Ree Drummond is amazingly talented photographer and lover of all things buttery and good. If you haven’t heard me talk about her yet you will definitely see me reference her a million times over because she’s fabulous.
- Kath Eats Real Food: Kath is a Registered Dietitian who is constantly posting about new healthy treats she’s cooking up. And if you don’t like oatmeal now she will change your mind forever.
- Carrots ‘N’ Cake: Tina, a woman after my own heart, truly believes dessert is always on the menu. She has great recipes, restaurant reviews, and the cutest pug you’ve ever seen.
- Healthy Tipping Point: Looking for inspiration you’ve come to the right place. Caitlin’s writes about weight loss, overcoming obstacles, and finding peace with yourself. Absolutely love all of her stories.
- What I Wore: The name says it all, it is a chronicle of one woman’s everyday outfits. Jessica is impeccably fashionable with a love for both a good steal and a healthy splurge.
- Zen Habits: Great everyday tips to make yourself happier and more peaceful. If you don’t feel calmer after reading this well that’s likely a personal problem.
- Oh Hello Friend: Wanting some inspiration for DIY projects? This is your place. Everything she does has a touch a whimsy and fun, making it irresistible not to smile.
and for those of you who are searching for some celebrity nonsense
- Dlisted: I should warn you if you don’t like crass humor then this is not the site for you. Michael K is crazy obsessed with celebrities and has way too much time on his hands because this man posts like 20 times a day. This site is amazing and has been making me laugh for the past 5 years.
- Go Fug Yourself: The witty team of Heather and Jessica write about the ridiculousness of celebrity fashion. Their blog always feels like I’m hanging out with my 2 best friends laughing over Aunt Maude’s nylons and Crocs ensemble.
Happy reading! And remember don’t let those two hooligans E & J in the door, they’ll ruin the party.