Another Thanksgiving has come and gone. Now the holiday music is in full force, decorations are up, and I’m counting down the days until we head home for Christmas. But before I jump the gun and start singing Jiggle Bells I want to take a quick look back on this Thanksgiving.
I took a little blogging hiatus to spend the absolute maximum amount of time with family. So to recap here’s some things I’m thankful happened this Thanksgiving holiday.
1. These 2 people visiting.
2. This is a holiday no one will give you grief about getting a second helping.
3. The fact butter is a standard ingredient in every dish.
4. Pie baking getting easier with time. The crust was superb thanks to my Aunt Dot for sending me the recipe she uses at her bakery! That will be up tomorrow along with a new dessert concoction my mom and I created – still dreaming about it.
5. The chance to stop and watch a beautiful California sunset. Seriously they don’t get any better than this.
6. These little treats showed up at my door the day before Thanksgiving. Thanks Julie! They were scrumptious! To the point this was the only one left because my husband has been sneaking bites out of them everyday.
7. That Thanksgiving is a nationally recognized holiday. Which means I wasn’t obligated to do any work nor did I have to feel any guilt regarding my lack of academic productiveness. Just as the pilgrims intended for life to be (I’m sure this is true, just Google it).
8. Even better is that my husband’s work is closed so I get to spend full days relaxing with him 🙂
9.Watching my family play Wii sports. Nothing gets better than your mom jumping around with nunchucks screaming “AHHH he’s gonna hit me! No, No, No, wait Yes I got him, I got him, bammm! Take that you little guy! Ahhh wait what button am I pressing???”
10. Accepting that I always get sick over the holidays. It’s become tradition. Thankfully no one minds my sniffling, watery eyes, coughing mess. It’s why NyQuil, Moms, and sweatpants were created.
11. Taking 5 much needed days to separate myself from my computer (I still love you Mac!). But sometimes life is better enjoyed away from a computer screen.
Hope you all had wonderful holidays! Now bring on the Christmas madness!