Well actually I know one of you like me, rather my blog that is.
Specifically my blogger friend Monica from Yellow Brick Beauty does. She was kind enough to award me a Stylish Blogger Award!
I instantly loved reading Monica’s blog because (a) she has “yellow brick” in the name and anyone who references The Wizard of Oz is good in my book, and (b) she’s a SoCal transplant working in the field of education just like myself. So head on over to her blog and check it out because well….she’s awesome 😉
So part of this award requires me to share 7 things about myself with you. Since I’m an oversharer naturally I love these kinds of things!
1. I blush very easily. Blame it on my Irish roots, but my face goes from pale to red in less than 10 seconds. I kid you not. This blushing ability means that I am an awful liar and would be an even worse courtroom lawyer.
2. I would be perfectly happy wearing workout clothes everyday for the rest of my life. Particularly black yoga pants, they make everyone’s butt look good.
3. I have laughed so hard I’ve peed my pants (but don’t worry I didn’t in this picture)
4. I believe in karma. The more positive energy you send out into the world the more likely this will come back to you. On the flip side, rude and mean behavior will be equally returned in some form or another.
5. I have broken a table. How? Dancing on top of it. Where? In some back alley bar in Bangkok. Why? Because I was a 20-year-old idiot traveling abroad who loved to bust a move to any top 40’s hit. (I should note I still love to dance to anything with a beat at 27, but now I’m smart enough to stay on solid ground.)
6. I have only had one pet in my life, Kitty. Well actually her name was Custard after Strawberry Shortcake’s cat’s name but Custard doesn’t flow off the tongue very easily. So she became Kitty, and then eventually “Shitty Kitty” because she had the unfortunate experience of being pooped on by our neighbor’s cat, who’s name was “Pooey” coincidentally. Poor Kitty….hopefully her afterlife is proving to be less humiliating than her existence in our house.
7. My mom and my dad got remarried the same year as I did. Not remarried to each other but to two wonderful people, Beth and Mickey. Also among my 4 best friends in high school, we all got married within a year of each other. Was I a trend setter? Something in the water in 2009? Who knows, but either way there was a lot of love going around that year 🙂
So there you have it, 7 completely random things about me. The second part of this award requires me to nominate other bloggers for this fabulous award:
So now you know a little more about me. No judging please 😉